Gallbladder Stones Treatment in Hyderabad
Get the Best Gallbladder stones treatment in Hyderabad by Dr Venu Gopal Pareek, Leading Gallbladder Stone Specialist with over 19 years of experience.
Gallbladder stones are also called cholelithiasis. They are pebble-sized pieces made out of cholesterol and bilirubin. They can be of any size ranging from the size of the grain to that of a golf ball. These stones can be tiny or can club themselves together to be large. If the size of the stone increases, it may cause blockages in the bile duct and the biliary tract. Gall bladder stones can be fatal and may cause severe pain if left untreated. Sometimes, it is also possible to have silent gallstones that do not give any pain or need any treatment.
Symptoms of Gallbladder Stones
A wide range of symptoms can be seen in a person with gallstones. All gallstones are not severe and painful. Some stones will not show any symptoms at all. The stones that block the bilirubin tract can be dangerous. The following are the signs of gallbladder stones:
- Pain in the upper right side of the belly, under the ribs
- Pain in the back, and the shoulder
- Stomach ache
- Fever and chills
- Digestion problems
- Heartburn and gasses
- Yellow skin or eyes
- Dark urine and light feces
What causes Gallbladder Stones?
The exact causes of gallbladder stones are not quite clear. The following reasons can also lead to gallstones:
- Bile dissolves cholesterol during digestion. When there is excess cholesterol and if the body does not dissolve it. Then it results in the formation of gallstones.
- Excess bilirubin in the blood also leads to gallstones. Bile increases due to cirrhosis, infections, and blood disorders.
- if the concentration of bile is high due to improper emptying of the bladder.
Types of Gallbladder Stones
Depending on the material of the stones, the stones are classified into the following types:
- Cholesterol stones: cholesterol stones are the most common kind of gallbladder stones. They are found in almost 80 percent of cases of gallstones. Cholesterol stones are light yellow and are formed by hardened cholesterol.
- Pigment stones: pigment stones are mostly made of pigment that is bilirubin. Sometimes red blood cells break down in the liver. And when bilirubin leaks in the blood and it forms pigment stones. It also leads to jaundice. Pigment stones are darker in colour
Diagnosis of Gallbladder Stones
Diagnosis of gallstones includes physical examination along with other imaging tests. The following are the tests done to diagnose gallstones:
Blood tests: Since gallstones cause blockage in the bile tract there is a possibility of infection and infections can be detected in the blood.
Ultra-scan: Gives images of the insides of the body. And helps to find the existence of stones in the gallbladder if any.
Ct-scan: This technique uses X-rays to detect stones.
MRCP (magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography): In this test magnetic field and radio waves are sent inside. These waves help get a clear picture of the presence of stones in the liver and the gallbladder region.
ERCP (Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography): This test not only detects the stones but also helps to remove the stones. Dye is injected inside and an endoscope is inserted through the mouth, that endoscope helps locate the gall stones.
Endoscopic ultra-scan: In this scan, a combination of ultra-scan and endoscopy is done and the stones are detected.
Treatment of Gallbladder Stones
Some stones do not require any treatment. They either pass on their own or stay silent in the bladder. Sometimes the entire gallbladder is removed to address the issues related to gallstones. People can still digest food even without the gallbladder. The following are the methods of treating a patient with gallstones:
Laparoscopic Surgery: A thin flexible camera is sent through small incisions made at the site of the gallbladder. Instruments are sent through another incision and the surgery is performed. In this surgery, the stones are taken out. Laparoscopic surgery is less invasive and it heals faster.
Open Surgery: An incision is made and stones are manually removed. This is a traditional method of doing surgery. The doctor can also opt for ERCP before or during the surgery.
Suffering from Gallstones? Meet Dr. Venu Gopal Pareek today.
Dr. Venu Gopal Pareek is one of the leading gallbladder stones specialist in Hyderabad. He has performed 100s of surgeries and helped many patients relieve their suffering. His 19 years of expertise give him an edge in performing flawless surgeries. Waste no further time, meet Dr. Venu Gopal Pareek today and get your stones removed. These stones can be a ticking time bomb sometimes.