Parathyroid Surgery Hyderabad- The Best Scientific Method To Treat Parathyroid Problems
Parathyroid glands are tiny endocrine glands around the neck of humans and that produce the parathyroid hormone. Humans generally have four parathyroid glands located on the back of the thyroid gland. The Parathyroid hormone has a key role in regulating the amount of calcium in blood and in the bones. The patient can opt for parathyroid surgery Hyderabad for achieving the best results.
Different Types Of Parathyroid Disease
The parathyroid diseases are divided into two states- Hyperparathyroisism and Hypoparathyroidism. These states are described as:
• Hyperparathyroidism is a state in which there is excess secretion of the parathyroid hormone. This may create bone pain and also tenderness, because of increased bone resorption. Because of the increased circulating calcium, there could be other symptoms associated with hypercalcemia, also referred to as dehydration. This type of disease is caused by a benign proliferation of the chief cells in a single gland, and sometimes MEN syndrome. This is called as primary hyperparathyroidism which is generally managed by the surgical removal of the abnormal parathyroid gland
• The condition of decreased parathyroid activity is called hypoparathyroidism. This is commonly caused by damage to the glands or their blood supply in a thyroid surgery. Hypoparathyroidism generally occurs after the surgical removal of parathyroid gland.
Usually a general anesthesia is given to lead to a painful surgery. The parathyroid glands are removed making a 2- to 4-inch surgical cut on the neck. During the surgery:
• The cut is made in the center of the neck under the Adam’s apple.
• The surgeon will look for the four parathyroid glands and remove the ones that are diseased.
• A special blood test could be undertaken during the surgery that will confirm whether all the diseased glands have been removed.
• In the rare cases, when all the four glands need to be removed, a part of one is transplanted in the forearm. This keeps the body’s calcium level at a healthy level.
Types Of Parathyroid Surgery
In the case of a patient facing parathyroid problem, different types of parathyroid surgery hyderabad are undertaken like:
• Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy: In this surgery a very small amount of radioactive tracer is given. This helps to highlight the diseased glands. It is about removing the gland through a small cut. The procedure takes around 1 hour.
• Video-assisted parathyroidectomy: In this procedure the surgeon will make two small cuts in the patient’s neck. One is for the instruments, and the other is for a camera insertion. The surgeon will use the camera to view the area and remove the diseased glands with the help of the instruments.
• Endoscopic parathyroidectomy: The surgeon will make two or three small cuts in the front of the patient’s neck and one cut above the top of the collarbone. This reduces the pain, and leads to speedy recovery. The cut made is less than 2 inches long.
So the patients can discover for themselves that a parathyroid surgery Hyderabad by one of the best specialists Dr. Venu Gopal Pareek could be the best option for safe surgery and recovery.