Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeon in Hyderabad
Dr Venu Gopal Pareek is one of the Best Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeon in Hyderabad with over 19 years of experience and performed no of successful Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeries.
Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
Hernia in general is a protrusion of internal organs or tissues through weakness of muscles. A hernia is of many types. A hernia can occur at any spot in the body. It can happen in the abdomen, groin, diaphragm, chest cavity, etc. some hernias can be more severe than others and be fatal if left untreated. There can be strangulation or incarceration of tissues in the protrusions in a hernia. In most hernia repair cases surgery will be the only option. It can either be open surgery, laparoscopic surgery, or can be robotic surgery. In rare cases a hernia needs no repair, it can simply be pushed back to place.
What is Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
It is an advanced technique that uses a laparoscope to perform the surgery. A laparoscope is a thin flexible camera inserted inside the body through an incision. In this surgery, there are no significant side effects. Laparoscopic hernia surgery is minimally invasive and heals faster than other methods of surgery. A hernia is formed when the internal tissues or organs bulge out through the weaknesses in the muscles. Laparoscopic surgery pushes back the organs in place and strengthens the weak areas by placing a mesh. Weakness in muscles happens mostly due to the following causes:
- Abdominal surgery
- Injury, etc.
How is Laparoscopic Hernia Repair Done?
Laparoscopic hernia repair surgery is widely practiced, as it is the best option to perform the surgery. The procedure for laparoscopic hernia repair includes the following steps:
- Anesthesia is given to the patient; the patient is made to sleep completely.
- Incisions are made and a cannula is inserted, through that canula carbon dioxide gas is filled in the region of surgery to inflate. This inflation helps in a clear view of the interiors.
- A laparoscope is inserted inside the abdomen. The laparoscope is a thin flexible camera that helps the surgeon to see inside.
- Instruments for surgery are sent in through other incisions and the surgery is performed.
- The incisional hole and other weak areas of the hernia are covered by a mesh from inside and the surgery gets completed.
Types of Hernia that can be Repaired Laparoscopically.
Hernias are of different types. They occur at different places and act differently. Some are painful so are dormant. Not all hernias require surgery, some can be simply pushed back to place. The following are the hernias that require surgery are stated below:
- Inguinal hernia
- Femoral hernia
- Umbilical hernia
- Hiatal hernia
- Incisional hernia
- Diaphragmatic hernia
How long does it take to Recover from a Laparoscopic Hernia Repair Surgery?
Within a couple of weeks, the patient will be able to get into normal activities. In just 5-6 hours after surgery, the patient will be able to walk. Some exercises and diet supplements will be recommended to the patient after surgery. Post-surgery it is common to feel giddy, nausea, and vomiting however, they will subside in 2-3 hours.
Merits of Opting a Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- This surgery is a painless
- Laparoscopic hernia repair heals faster
- Patient Will be able to walk in 3-4 hours and get to work in 7 days after the surgery
- Smaller marks of surgery will be visible in laparoscopic surgery
- Lesser exposure to internal organs implies a lesser possibility of infections in a laparoscopic surgery
- Procedure of this surgery is simple, effective, and fast.
Looking for Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery? Meet Dr. Venu Gopal Pareek Today.
Dr. Venu Gopal Pareek is the leading laparoscopic hernia surgeon in Hyderabad. He has performed 100s of successful surgeries. If you or your loved ones are suffering from hernia then waste no further time, meet Dr. Venu Gopal Pareek today and get relieved of the suffering.