Laparoscopy is of two types, diagnostic laparoscopy, and surgical laparoscopy. Both are similar surgical procedures performed to examine the internal body organs and to remove a damaged or diseased organ inside the body. The procedure is minimally invasive and involves making only a few small incisions.
The cost of Laparoscopic surgery in Hyderabad ranges from Rs. 80000 to 200,000. This is not a fixed cost because it varies depending on many factors. The main factor influencing the laparoscopic surgery cost is the part being operated on.
Diagnostic laparoscopy surgery cost is much less than surgical laparoscopy cost.
Some other factors that determine the laparoscopic surgery cost are as follows:
- The admission charge
- Experience as a surgeon
- The patient’s health problem
- Complications that occur after surgery
- The city you live in
- Type of Health care facility
- The room and facilities you opted for
- And other necessary tests
The average Laparoscopic surgery cost in Hyderabad will be around Rs. 80000 – 100000.
During laparoscopy, internal organs are viewed inside the body using an instrument called a laparoscope. The laparoscope consists of a long, thin tube with a light that is very bright and a camera of high resolution at the end. An incision is made in the operating area, and the instruments are inserted. A video monitor displays images seen by the camera as it moves.
With laparoscopic surgery, your doctor can view inside your body simultaneously without performing open surgery. This procedure may also allow your doctor to collect biopsy samples.
Why is laparoscopy performed?
Diagnostic laparoscopy is commonly used to determine the exact source of problems. This procedure is usually administered when noninvasive diagnostic techniques fail to provide enough information.
In many cases, the following imaging techniques can be used to diagnose the problems:
- Ultrasound – This procedure uses high-frequency sound waves to create internal organ images
- CT scan – It is a special type of X-ray that takes a cross-sectional image of the organs
- MRI scan – a procedure that creates images of the organs by using magnets and radio waves
If these tests fail to provide enough diagnostic insights or information, laparoscopy may be required. The procedure can also be used to perform a biopsy, taking a tissue sample from a specific part inside your body.
Following organs may be examined with the help of laparoscopy by your doctor:
- Appendix – a small, finger-shaped sac protruding from the colon
- Gallbladder – a small organ located to the right side of your belly, directly below your liver
- Liver – located upper right side of your abdomen
- Pancreas – Located in the upper left abdomen, behind the stomach, and surrounded by the small intestine, liver, and spleen
- Small intestine and large intestine (colon) – located inside your abdominal cavity
- Spleen – a fist-sized organ located in the top left side of your abdomen behind your left ribs
- Stomach – located on the top of your abdomen to the left side of your body
- Pelvic and other reproductive organs
Your doctor can detect and treat the following problems after viewing these organs through a laparoscope:
- Removal of the infected appendix – appendix is at high risk of rupture in case of appendicitis.
- Gallbladder problems – commonly used to remove gallstones
- Cutting a part of the intestine – usually, digestive disorders like Crohn’s disease or diverticulitis that do not respond to medicine are addressed with this procedure.
- Hernias repair – nowadays, most of the hernia repairs are being performed with the help of laparoscopy, especially groin hernias.
- Repairing bleeding or burst stomach ulcers
- Weight reduction surgery
- The organ that has been affected by cancer may be removed completely or partially – like the ovaries, prostate, kidney, liver, colon, or bladder.
- Ectopic pregnancy treatment
- Fibroid removal surgery
- Hysterectomy – Removal of the uterus – which can treat conditions like PID, endometriosis, and heavy or painful menstrual cycles.
Laparoscopy might look like a simple procedure, but there are many things you need to know. The cost of laparoscopy surgery in Hyderabad is affordable. Dr. V Pareek, one of the best laparoscopic surgeons in Hyderabad, has nearly two decades of experience in performing various laparoscopic surgeries. Call +91 91-777-77715 to book an appointment with the doctor.